NC-CAV as a multidisciplinary Center of Excellence in “Advanced Transportation Technologies” aims to:
(1) investigate the adoption, utilization, and deployment of CAVs and their impacts on the transportation system in North Carolina and the nation,
(2) serve as a regional and national resource in research and education on CAV technology,
(3) provide outreach services in transportation-related areas,
(4) facilitate linkage among transportation-related research institutes and centers across North Carolina for researching CAV technology,
(5) commercialize NC-CAV technology developments for the benefit of North Carolina and the national economy.